Welcome to Customized Microfluidics!
We run the pilot facility Customized Microfluidics funded by SciLifeLab. Our mission is to advance Swedish life science research by providing support in design and fabrication of microfluidic systems customized for your specific research needs. We also guide you in the djungle of commerically available microfluidic platforms, if you have more simple needs. Our service is free of charge to researchers at all Swedish universities.
Please have a look on our webpage for inspiration what we can help you with and do not hesitate to contact us to set up a meeting to discuss how we can help you. We look forward to hearing from you!
Head of Facility: Dr. Maria Tenje
Director: Prof. Klas Hjort
- Identification of needs in your projects
- Suggest commercially available solutions
- Discuss design needs and external equipment needed for your projects
- Develop microfluidic components
- Confirm functionality of the developed microfluidic components
- UV lithography incl. SU-8 processing
- PDMS preparation and bonding
- Vinyl plotter and various laminats
- Nanoimprint lithography
- Electron-beam lithography
- Thin film deposition
- Wet and dry etching of silicon and glass
- Anodic bonding and fusion bonding of silicon and glass
There are a range of applications for microfluidics in the life sciences. You can find inspiration in specialised scientific journals such as Lab on a Chip, Sensors and Actuators B, Micro and Nano Fluidics and also in broader scientific journals. The facility is capable of supporting you for most of the applications found in litterature. However, we have specific experience working with applications such as:
- Droplet based microfluidics
- Cell cultures in microfluidic systems
- Sorting, concentration and mixing of cells and molecules
- Microfluidic bioassays
- Microfluidics using active components such as valves, dispensers, filters and pumps