Welcome to Customized Microfluidics!
We run the pilot facility Customized Microfluidics funded by SciLifeLab. Our mission is to advance Swedish life science research by providing support in design and fabrication of microfluidic systems customized for your specific research needs. We also guide you in the jungle of commerically available microfluidic platforms, if you have more simple needs. Our support and advice is free of charge for Swedish researchers, and users of the pilot facility only pay for cleanroom access, equipment use and consumables needed for the microfabrication.
Please have a look on our webpage for inspiration on what we can help you with and do not hesitate to contact us to set up a meeting to discuss how we can help you. We look forward to hearing from you!
What we offer
The mission of our pilot facility is to advance Swedish life science research by providing support in design and fabrication of microfluidic systems customized for your specific research needs.
To achieve this we support in several different aspects:
- identification of needs in your project
- suggestion on commercially available solutions
- design input for the microfluidic platform
- advice on external equipment needed
- fabrication of microfluidic components
- functionality testing before delivery
- UV lithography incl. SU-8 processing
- PDMS preparation and bonding
- Vinyl plotter and various laminats
- Nanoimprint lithography
- Electron-beam lithography
- Thin film deposition
- Wet and dry etching of silicon and glass
- Anodic bonding and fusion bonding of silicon and glass
There are a range of applications for microfluidics in the life sciences. You can find inspiration in specialised scientific journals such as Lab on a Chip, Sensors and Actuators B, Micro and Nano Fluidics and also in broader scientific journals. The facility is capable of supporting you for most of the applications found in litterature. However, we have specific experience working with applications such as:
- Droplet based microfluidics
- Cell cultures in microfluidic systems
- Sorting, concentration and mixing of cells and molecules
- Microfluidic bioassays
- Microfluidics using active components such as valves, dispensers, filters and pumps
Who is welcome?
Our mission is to support researcher groups at all Swedish universities and national SMEs that will benefit from introducing microfluidic solutions to their research and R&D.
What costs are involved?
- Prof. Thomas Laurell, Lunds Universitet
- Prof. Åsa Emmer, KTH
- Prof. Fredrik Höök, Chalmers
- Prof. Kerstin Ramser, Luleå Tekniska Universitet
- Prof. Johan Elf, Uppsala Universitet